The VTC Innovation Fund will primarily invest in early-stage life sciences and technology opportunities in, or with a strong connection to, the Commonwealth of Virginia. In conjunction with a broad network of resources across Virginia, the Fund leverages its management team and advisory board’s unique breadth of industry experience and relationships to partner with exceptional management teams to commercialize innovative technologies, accelerate growth, and build long-term value across the Commonwealth.
Up to $2m per company (tranched).
Syndicated co-investment – equity or convertible debt.
Series A or late seed stage high growth opportunities.
- Willing to lead roll up of compelling adjacent assets
Located in Virginia or outside Virginia with a connection to Virginia Tech or Carilion Clinic.
- Flexible focus on greater Central and Southwest Virginia
- Life Science – Biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, biotechnology, agriculture & plant science
- Technology / Special Situational – Disruptive technology, IT or tech-enabled services, advanced manufacturing or agriculture, engineering, advanced materials, advanced chemicals
- Experienced management teams
- Demonstrated traction and results
- Large addressable market
- Innovative tech/intellectual property
- Tangible exit pathways
- Potential for rapid growth
- Executable business model